Sunday, March 11, 2012

Living The Dream

I can honestly say I am living the dream.  Not many people can say that.  I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful son, and I get to do something that I love to do.  Plus I have friends and family that I love.  I wake up every day and count my blessings.  I love my craft and I get to do it full time.  Not many people get to do that full time.  It has taken me a couple of years to get to the point where I am finally starting to get somewhere but I am slowly getting there.  It has been a lot of hard work.  A lot of patience, doing shows, getting my name out there.  But now that it is getting out there, I am getting repeat customers and getting a fan base.  I am really happy with where things are at.

You can't just set up online one day and think they will come to you.  You have to advertise.  You have to facebook, tweet, and blog.  It takes a lot of time out of your day.  It means you may not always get the house spotless.  You may not always get dinner cooked.  You may put in some 14 and 16 hour days.  People who don't have an online business may not realize this.  They just think you are playing around on the computer.  Or you can do that order later.  Every one of your customers is important.  There are no sick days.  There are very few breaks. 

But you get to do what you love and you don't mind it one bit.  It's your business.  You are working for yourself.  There is no boss to tell you what to do.  You work that much harder for yourself.  And you love every minute of it.

Just some thoughts for today and working for yourself and how exciting it actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment