Monday, April 25, 2011

How Do You Promote Your Business?

Recently, I have been working very hard to promote my business outside of Etsy.  As we all know you just can't list some items and expect the customers to flock to your shop.  You have to put alot of time and effort into it.

When I first started there was the 5 min Featured Seller chat room and then it went into Buy and Replace Treasuries which is where I have been for the past year or so.  I have met some pretty amazing people in there and I have learned alot about my shop and how to make it better.  I have also helped some newbies along the way.  But the small, bnr sales aren't cutting it for me.  If I really want to make this business work I need to make money in between craft shows.

I already do 2 consignment shops and 2 hospital gift shops.  But those are slow right now.  I have thought about branching out into hair salons.  I may start with my own when I have my next hair appt. and see how it goes.  I also joined many different styles of teams on etsy.  One is a social networking team, one is a bow making team, one is my bnr team, one is a promotions team, and a couple are just fun chat teams.  I want to get around and meet as many people on etsy as possible.


I have an advertisement set up on craftopolis set up for next week and I was just accepted for a free 1 year advertisement on an online mall today.  So I am branching out.  Will it bring me any sales is the question.  I sure hope so.  So tell me your ideas and how you guys advertise outside of etsy or your own websites.  I am trying to think outside the box.  We all facebook and tweet.  What else can we do to network???

By the way, I am having a team bnr for TEAM BNRAA at 10 AM tomorrow morning.  It is going to be alot of fun and for those of you who can stop by please come.  Our bnrs  are not cliqueish or boorish and they are just laid back and fun.  Little Pink Kangaroo is the featured shop of the day so let's all show her some love.

Good Night All!!!  Rest Up!!!  I will post results of the BNR tomorrow night!!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment