Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Monday!!!!!!

Ok, so I am one proud mama after this weekend.  Sam won the silver medal at the Indiana State Judo Championships in Portland, IN!!!!  It was his first competition and he won one match!!!  I just watched the video I took and I am still tearing up watching him win his match.  It was a feeling of pride that I have never felt before.  I can't even explain it.  I thought my heart was going to burst with happiness and pride watching him fight.  It was incredible.

As I sit here and watch my son grow, I knew motherhood would be my greatest journey in life, but I never knew exactly how great.  How this little tiny bean in my belly would turn into something so magnificent.  I still look at my husband and say, "We made him".  How incredible the gift of life is.  How incredible it all is.

Having kids was a big question mark for me.  I have endometriosis and PCOS.  Having a period was rare for me.  Then my husband wasn't sure if he wanted kids.  After a long a serious talk, he decided he wanted a family.  Then came the trying to get pregnant part.  I worked at Bed Bath and Beyond at the time and it seemed like everyone was getting pregnant at that time.  A friend gave me a book to read about getting pregnant.  I read it from cover to cover.  Then we tried.  I missed my period, twice.  I took 8 home pregnancy tests.  All negative.  Told my doc and she thought it was endo again and I needed surgery.  On May 31,2005 I was all ready for surgery.  Had the IV in and everything.  Thank god they did a pregnancy test ahead of time.  Turns out I was 10 weeks along.  The best surprise in the world.  I almost passed out when they told me.  I thought Scott was going to have a heart attack.  And yes he was happy, just in shock as I was.  That was it.  We did it on our first try!!!  And I thought it was going to take forever.

And now here we are 6 years later, and I fall more in love with this little boy everyday.  I had absolutely no idea I could love this much, but the love I have for my child still bewilders me. 

I know I have kind of been off topic from business these past few posts but this is me and not every post is going to be about my shop.  There are other sides to me and I am going to show them to you guys. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.  It is truly from my heart and how I feel.

Heather

3 comments:

  1. Delicately Fierce sent me :)
    cute little boy <3 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog.

    Delicately Fierce sent me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicately Fierce sent me :D

    cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete