Thursday, May 19, 2011

How Does Tweeting Help You???

I am just now really getting into this tweeting thing.  I have been on twitter for awhile now but now am really getting the hang of it.  Have not had any sales from it, but am being optimistic over it.

I am finding out it is important to follow certain people who will retweet your stuff.  It is important to retweet what people tweet to you.  It is important to follow those who are following you.  It is also important to follow the people they suggest.  Unless they are celebrities.  I really don't care what Julianna Rancic or Mrs. Kutcher are doing today.  I wish they would stop suggesting me to follow them.  I strictly use twitter as a business tool.

I did realize today people are retweeting my stuff.  I am now up to 41 followers(yay) and I am following some people who have thousands of followers and hopefully my stuff is getting out there to thousands of peeps!!!

I keep hoping the hours a day I am putting into my shop are going to pay off.  I have really been at this for a month now and I can tell by my Google Anaylitics  that shop views are going up each week.  As long as people keep coming in, I think this can be successful.

I am going to keep working hard on this through Christmas.  If it doesn't pay off by then, well then I am doing something seriously wrong and I need to pack it in.  Craft Shows are my bread and butter and I will keep doing that but we will see how much longer I keep it going on Etsy.  Right now I am making enough to order more supplies and pay my fees.  I would really like to build up that Paypal account.  I am setting a goal to hopefully be able to buy some Christmas Presents with my own money this year instead of having to rely on hubby for everything.

I think that is the hardest part of going from an independent working woman, to a SAHM.  It's hard not having your own money anymore.  You somehow feel lost in the shuffle of everyday life.  No matter how hard I try to get past it, I still have the feeling of needing to accomplish something.  I think if I find a way to somehow contribute to the household financially, I will feel better about myself.  Do any of you have these same feelings???

Just wondering.

Til we meet again.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. HI! I got to your blog by Delicately Feirce's giveaway. Keep up with the wonderful job :).

    ReplyDelete